Hi everyone, Mou here with today's short project!
When I saw these Antique Handles Bigz die with bonus Textured Impressions, I knew I was going to use them for something interactive in my layout. I ended up creating a hidden journaling element with a top flap where I added my photo along with the diecut embossed knocker as a handle to lift the flap up.
Let me tell you the steps to recreate my page.
- Diecut alphabets for your title using Sizzix Bigz XL Alphabet Die Block Talk and Sizzix Big Shot machine. Spell out title with the diecut letters and attach along the top right edge of the layout. Color the letters and the surrounding area with Distress Ink pads and blending tool. Splatter some water to distress the cream cardstock background.
- Diecut Antique Handles and Labels and emboss each piece using the matching bonus Textured Impression folders. Here's a TIP: Secure the diecut with some tape in the right spot inside the embossing folder to keep it from moving during embossing. Cut and emboss multiples of the designs you need more of.
- Color each piece the same way as the title and splatter some with water for distressing.
- Trim kraft cardstock to a 4 inches x 8.5" block. Attach it next to the title leaving about 2.5 inches from the top.
- Emboss a 4 inches x 5.5 inches piece of cream cardstock using French script Texture Fade Embossing Folder. Trim it down to 3.75 inches x 5.5 inches to create a mat for a 3 inches x 4 inches photo.
- Color the mat with Distress ink pads and blending tool and attach photo to mat with pop dots leaving enough space at the bottom of the mat to add the diecut knocker.
- Attach the matted photo to the kraft cardstock block using double sided tape at the very top making sure to create a flap that can be lifted using the diecut handle at the bottom. Secure the jointed area by stitching.
- Attach a Moroccan Chipboard Alphabet 'A' as monogram on the photo.
- Cut some of the Antique Handles and Labels diecut pieces apart and attach them along the sides of the kraft cardstock block. Attach a couple of the Antique Handles diecuts at the top and bottom of the block.
- Add date information on one of the diecut Labels and journal below the flap.
- Diecut a Mariposa butterfly, color it with Distress Ink pads, embellish with sequin and add near the photo to finish.
Hope you enjoyed my project and would play with these products. Thanks for stopping by!