Halloween might just be one of my favorite holidays to decorate! I don't like really scary decor (*or scary movies!), but I do love cobwebs, ghosts and all the yummy treats that find their way into our homes this time of year. Whether you have some little trick or treaters coming over for a holiday party or a small celebration at work or school, a customized treat box is a fun way to ring in this terrifying time of year! Check out the step by step instructions below to see how to make these ghostly good treat boxes.
- Sizzix® Big Shot® Machine (#660200)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set - Decorative Favor Box (#663465)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set - Frightful Things (#664209)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set - Mixed Media #3 (#661186)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Multi-Tool Starter Kit (#662875)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Adhesive Sheets, 6" x 6", Permanent, 10 Sheets ($656802)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Cardstock, 8 1/4"x 11 5/8", 10 Neutral Colors, 60 Sheets (#663780)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Foam Tape (#663709)
- Sizzix™ Multi-Tool Accessory - Blending Tool Head w/Replacement Sponge (#662880)
- Cardstock (Orange, White Glitter)
- Patterned Paper
- Baker's Twine (Black & White Combo)
- Distress® Ink (Black Soot)
- Liquid Adhesive
- Paint Pen (Silver)
- Paper Trimmer
How To Make:
Die-cut out of black cardstock two Decorative Favor Box bases. From the same die set, die-cut out of orange cardstock the circle tag. Die-cut out of white glitter cardstock a ghost from the Frightful Things Die Set. Additionally, die-cut out black cardstock a witches hat and out of white glitter cardstock a hat band from the same die set.
Assemble the box with liquid adhesive, but do not close the top until the very last step. Cut a 1 1/2" strip of patterned paper. Adhere the strip of patterned paper around the center of the entire box with adhesive.
Glue the hat band to the witches had with liquid adhesive. Line the edge of the entire hat with silver paint pen. Adhere the hat to one side of the orange tag with foam adhesive and adhere the letters "b o o" the other side of the tag.
I hope these little treat boxes make a great takeaway gift for any upcoming Halloween event! Check back next week for some ghostly decorations to bring a fright to any home or party.