Whether you make it blue or pink, there's no denying these baby receiving blankets are OWL-dorable! If you've got a baby shower coming up and plan on gifting a handmade gift, this receiving blanket is the one! Don't miss out on the the step by step instructions on how to create this baby blanket below!
Finished Size: 30" x 30"
Die Required: 800004 Sizzix® Bigz™ Die - Owl #6
Assembling the Project:
- Heat fuse an Owl in place in the corner of the white flannel 26" square.
- Mark the middle of each flannel square edge with a pin.
- With right sides together, match each middle and pin together.
- Stitch together starting at each middle pin, and continue sewing until 1/4" away from corner.
- Leave a 6" opening on the last section.
- Keep the flannel squares right sides together.
- Lay the corner flaps flat.
- Mark your seams to be mitered using a ruler by lining up the very end with the diagonal fold of the triangle. Draw a line with chalk or marker.
- Pin and stitch on this line.
- Trim the excess.
- Turn right side out.
- Topstitch along the edge through all layers, closing the opening.
Want to save this project for later? Pin this image to your Pinterest board:
anddddd that's a wrap! What color would you choose for your blanket? Let us know in the comments below and if you create one of your own and share it on Instagram or Facebook, hashtag it with #sizzix or #sizzixquilting so we can oogle and reshare!