No one ever said anything about having too many Christmas Trees! This simple project can take on so many different variations – and is an easy project for younger crafters to help design.
To get started you will need the Walmart exclusive Sizzix® Bigz™ Die - Circles, 1 1/2", 2" & 2 1/2" die. Check out your local Walmart retail store for this and other exclusive dies.
Pick your favorite Walmart fabrics to mix up the pattern of your tree. To get started trimming your tree follow these steps:
Assembling the Project:
1. Arrange the Circles on the white background to form a Christmas tree.
2. When satisfied with the arrangement, heat fuse in place with an iron.
3. Stitch around shapes as desired.
1. Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
2. Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
3. With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.
Faster than a holiday season is over you will have a beautiful holiday inspired wall hanging to add to your winter décor.
Yardage Fabric Cutting Instructions
2/3 yd White Cut (1) 24" x 26" rectangle for the background
(5) Fat 1/4 Assorted red prints Cut (10−12) Circles*
(5) Fat 1/4 Assorted green prints Cut (10−12) Circles*
1/4 yd Binding fabric Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF
3/4 yd Backing fabric
28" x 30" Batting
1 package Heavyweight fusible adhesive
All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
WOF = width of fabric
* = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Finished Size: 24" x 26"
800002 Sizzix® Bigz™ Die - Circles, 1 1/2", 2" & 2 1/2" - Walmart Exclusive Die
658328 Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide