The finishing touches on the nursery are just about finished. But it’s missing something, aside from the little bundle of joy.
Every nursery needs some whimsy. This quiet, fabric DIY mobile is sure to make top impressions and is super easy to make that will only take a few hours!
To get started you will need the Walmart exclusive Sizzix® Bigz™ Die - Circles, 1 1/2", 2" & 2 1/2" die. Check out your local Walmart retail store for this and other exclusive dies.
You will need to die-cut the circles on assorted Walmart fabric prints – you can find prematched fat quarters next to the Sizzix dies. Once you’ve cut out your circles follow these quick steps:
- Stack 10 piles of 6 Circles each, alternating the colors and sizes.
- Sew through the middle of the first Circle, leaving a 6" tail of thread.
- Sew approximately 1" without fabric in the sewing machine.
- Feed the next Circle through the sewing machine.
- Continue chain piecing until all the Circles are connected on the same thread to form a row.
- Make 9 more rows of 6 Circles each.
- Evenly space the 10 rows, tying with the thread tail onto the inside of the embroidery hoop to form the mobile. Secure the outer hoop.
- Tie a ribbon onto the top of the inner hoop to secure it when hanging.
Each and every time you are able to customize the colors, length and assortment of fabrics for a unique baby mobile.
- Yardage Fabric Cutting Instructions
- (6) Fat 1/4 Assorted prints Cut (60) Circles*
- 1 package Lightweight fusible adhesive
- 1 10" Embroidery hoop
- 1 spool White ribbon
Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
* = Adhere fabrics back to back using fusible adhesive before cutting the shapes.
WOF = width of fabric
Finished Size: 10" x 32"
800002 Sizzix® Bigz™ Die - Circles, 1 1/2", 2" & 2 1/2" - Walmart Exclusive Die