Hi All! Tami Mayberry with you for today's Sizzix Inspiration and I have a felt covered journal box to share that will tuck perfectly into your bag or purse. It contains a variety of cards that can be pulled out during the day to jot down your thoughts, doodles, art, or important reminders. I love red, bling, Instagram and coffee so I incorporated all of those elements into my design. Feel free to change it up and make it uniquely yours!
I cut the Recipe Card Box Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die shape from both a piece of heavy cardboard and a piece of felt using my Big Shot and Extended Cutting Pads. I then layered them together to create my box.
I cut several inserts for the box from white cardstock using the Recipe Card Box Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die. I stamped them with a variety lines and verses. You can also add colored labels to the top of the recipe cards to use as dividers. You'll notice by the edge of the lid I also went around the edges of the cardboard with a coordinating marker to make them less noticeable.
For the front of the box I used the Mug & Spoon Sizzix Bigz die and trimmed off the handle to create a travel cup--to go with my travel journal ;) The recipe cards I made from Sizzix Bigz Die Recipe Card & Label from the Eileen Hull Vintage Kitchen collection.
And then I die-cut my initials for the cup using the Homemade Sizzix Thinlits die set and added some stickers and rhinestones.
Thanks for checking it out!
- White heavyweight cardboard
- Core' dinations cardstock: Core Basics (textured kraft, smooth white), Chocolate Box (red, blue), blue
- My Mind's Eye Boy Crazy 6 x 6 paper pad
- Stamp sets: Sweet N Sassy Stamps (His Peace, Be Encouraged); Lawn Fawn (Schoolhouse Backdrops)
- Clearsnap ink pads: black, red, brown
- Jillibean Soup Spicy Social Soup Pea Parts
- Red felt
- Turquoise rhinestones
- Scor-Pal Scor-Tape double-sided tape